Boerne Remote Conferencing
While your child is quarantined, they are required to participate in the BISD Remote Conferencing program through Google Meet. This service provides instructional support to your child with their current classroom assignments. Remote Conferencing is not the same as virtual learning, nor is it similar to BISD E-Learning option from the 20-21 school year. During remote conferencing, your student's classroom teacher will not be instructing students through synchronous (live) instruction, rather assignments will be posted to their district Learning Management System (LMS) for students to complete during their remote learning schedule. Please read further for more information.
Please note: Access to Remote Conferencing may take up to 24 hours to process.
Please read below for frequently asked questions regarding remote conferencing. More detailed information, including a complete list of FAQs, is available from the TEA by clicking here.
Elementary Remote Conferencing Schedule
The Elementary Student Should...
- Follow the designated schedule communicated by the Remote Conferencing teacher to attend class during synchronous times.
- Be present to synchronous instruction ready to learn, on time, dressed appropriately, and follow online etiquette including using video and showing your face during class.
- Complete daily activities and assignments.
- Participate daily in scheduled learning activities including small-group instruction, intervention, and tutorials.
- Take responsibility for asking for help, asking questions, and taking advantage of tutorial sessions.
- Turn in schoolwork daily at the direction of the assigned Remote Conferencing teacher.
Secondary Remote Conferencing Schedule
The Secondary Student...
- Join the Google Meet in the Remote Conferencing Classroom by 8:30 in the morning.
- Be present, ready to learn, on time, and dressed appropriately.
- Follow online etiquette including using video and showing your face during class.
- Find and complete daily activities and assignments from your classroom teachers' Google Classrooms.
- Self-Advocate - Reach out to your classroom teachers or the RCT to ask for help when you need it.
- Turn in schoolwork as directed by your classroom teacher.
Remote Conferencing FAQ's
How do students get approved for Remote Conferencing?
How long can a student be in Remote Conferencing?
How do students get into the Remote Conferencing Meet?
What if a student gets approved for Remote Conferencing and they are not in the Remote Conferencing Classroom
What happens if a students camera does not work?
How can a student request a device from technology?
When do I join the Remote Conferencing Google Meet?
My Student does not know their BISD login information or how to get into Google Classroom, what do I do now?
My student is using my home computer but is denied access to Google Classroom. Why is this happening?
Student User Name:
Student User Names are found in Skyward. Watch 30 Second tutorial.
Remote Conferencing Google Classroom Access:
Your student will receive a Google Classroom Invite via the Google Classroom Platform.
If you have not received an invitation within 24 hours, please call 830-357-2035.
iPad users will need the following apps for Remote Conferencing
Google Drive, Google Classroom, Google Meet, Seesaw Class (PK-2)
Multiple Google Chrome Profiles:
Click here for tips about Managing Multiple Google Chrome Profiles
BISD Remote Access at Home:
Tips for using BISD technology programs while Remote Conferencing:
Need a Device?
To check out a Chromebook, iPad, or Wifi hotspot, complete this form:
Need More Support:
Technology Issues: Help Desk
Remote Conferencing Support: