Voters approved a $99.5 million bond proposition for the Boerne Independent School District Board on May 11, 2013. The measure passed by a margin of 2,895 to 1,079.
Funds from the bond were used for a broad range of improvements on all nine campuses in the district: Technology upgrades to facilitate instruction compliant with current state guidelines; construction of new, expanded and renovated facilities to accommodate current and projected growth in student enrollment; and enhancements to transportation, security and safety features districtwide.
Two citizens committees - a Project Oversight Committee and a Technology Oversight Committee - were appointed to ensure accountability and efficient, effective use of funds. Reports from these committees are posted in the files below.
Fabra Elementary School
Fabra Elementary was designed to convert corridors to collaborative, inspiring, and immersive learning environments.
The 99,000-square-foot K-5 school opened on time and on budget, August 2016.
Area: 97,336 SF Cost: $21,622,579 Price S/F: $222.14/SF Bid: 2015 Completed: 2016
Campus Entrance Security Upgrades
- Security vestibules constructed on all elementary campuses.
Air Condition Elementary Gyms
- All five elementary gyms air conditioned to improve health and security.
Classroom Technology Enhancements
- Infrastructure for wireless capacity enhanced on all campuses
- Array of desktop, laptop and mobile devices deployed to achieve ratios of 5:1 in elementary classrooms, 3:1 in secondary classrooms.
- Smartboards added to every elementary classroom and select secondary classrooms.
BMS North Classrooms & Gymnasium
- New classroom wing, CTE workshop, competition gymnasium and upgraded boys and girls locker rooms and physical education spaces constructed.
BMS South Math/Science Classrooms
- New classrooms and labs constructed.
Curington Elementary Expansion/Renovation
- Cafeteria addition, kitchen expansion, administrative offices constructed.
- Updates to classrooms throughout the campus.
Boerne High School Expansions and Upgrades
- Career & Technical Education facility constructed.
- Band facilities expanded. Culinary Arts kitchen, science classrooms constructed.
- Gymnasium updated; new visitors’ fieldhouse and new baseball/softball concessions building constructed.
- District warehouse and bus maintenance facility expanded to meet demand.
Purchase New Buses, Support Vehicles
- 22 new buses purchased to replaced aging vehicles; district-wide support fleet enhanced.
PROJECT OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
PROJECT OVERSIGHT Files
TECHNOLOGY OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE