- CEDFA – Center for Educator Development in Fine Arts
- Texas Commission on The Arts
- Texas Coalition for Quality Arts Education
- Music Education – What The Law Says
- Be A Music Education Advocate
- Music Education Advocacy Materials for Distribution
- Music Educators Toolkit from TMEA
The arts are among the six basic academic subjects. The arts are valuable in all areas of study because they engage the imagination, foster flexible ways of thinking, develop disciplined effort, and build self-confidence.
—The College Board
We look for students whose previous participation in the arts shows that they can make a substantial contribution to our academic community.
—William R. Fitzsimmons
Dean of Admissions at Harvard University
The arts have the potential to unify. They can speak in many languages without a translator. The arts do not discriminate. The arts can lift us all up.
Former Texas Congresswoman
People who can communicate through the subtleties of the arts will have the skills and understanding that our 21st century economy will require.
—Dr. Thomas H. Kean
President of Drew University
People who create in our companies–whether they be scientists, marketing experts, or business strategists–benefit from exposure to the arts. People cannot create when they work and live in a culturally sterile environment.
–John D. Ong
Chairman Emeritus, the BF Goodrich Company
The quality of civilization can be measured through its music, dance, drama, architecture, visual art, and literature. We must give our children knowledge and understanding of civilization’s most profound works.
–Dr. Ernest L. Boyer
Former President, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
Professional Associations (some, in no particular order):
- TMEA Region 29 Music Page
- American String Teachers Association
- American Choral Directors Association
- American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Center for Educator Development in Fine Arts
- National Association for Music Education
- The National Band Association
- Organization of American Kodály Educators
- Texas Music Educators Association
- Texas Educational Theatre Association
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Education Agency – FINE ARTS
- Texas Art Education Association
- Texas Choral Educators Association
- Texas Dance Educators Association
- Texas Association of Mariachi Educators
- Austin Classical Guitar
- Mindpop – expanding Creative thinking in the classroom