Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kelly Patterson
Mrs. Patterson grew up in Boerne, has been dancing for 19 years, and is a graduate of Boerne High School where she was a three year member of the Starlette Dance Team. While on the team, she served as Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel her senior year. She attended Texas State University in San Marcos and received a Bachelor's degree in Dance Education. From 2007-2010, she had the privilege of performing as a Texas State Strutter and serving as Strutter Chaplain for two years. She performed for many university events, as well as in Santiago, Chile on a performance tour. She is currently on staff with Showmakers of America and loves to spend her spare time with her husband and two daughters. This is Mrs. Patterson's fifth year teaching at BHS, she is excited to be back, and is looking forward to an exciting school year.
Mrs. Patterson's Schedule
8:40am-10:15am 1st Period- Dance Team
10:20am-11:55am 2nd Period-Dance I
12:45pm-2:20pm 3rd Period-Dance I
2:25pm-4:00pm 4th Period-Conference
8:40am-10:15am 5th Period-Dance II-IIII
10:20am-11:55am 6th Period-Dance I
12:45pm-2:20pm 7th Period-Dance I
2:25pm-4:00pm 8th Period-Conference
Please call (830) 357-2333 or email email@example.com to set up a conference. Tutoring is available upon request and will be scheduled with the student requesting it.
BHS DANCE DEPARTMENT GUIDELINES
HEALTH & HYGIENE - Students are expected to:
- Complete a daily check-in/temperature check/health questionnaire via link on google classroom PRIOR TO ENTRANCE in the building.
- Wear masks upon entry/exit of facilities.
- Utilize hand sanitizer upon entry/exit of facilities.
- Maintain Social Distancing when not onstage/in-performance/rehearsal.
FOOD & DRINKS
- No sharing of foods or drinks!
- Food/Drink only allowed in designated areas
- Label snacks and drink/food containers with your name.
- NO DISPOSABLE WATER BOTTLES! Students must have their own NON-DISPOSABLE water bottle with a lid, clearly marked with their NAME - no initials, nicknames, inside jokes, etc.
- Dance team meals will no longer be served buffet-style - INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED MEALS ONLY.
HOUSEKEEPING - Students are expected to:
- Clean up after yourself - You are expected to STAY on location until all areas have been cleaned, and ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS have been collected/returned.
- Keep personal items (clothing, makeup, schoolbooks, etc.) CONTAINED IN CLEARLY MARKED BAGGAGE - Backpacks/Duffle Bags - 2 BAG LIMIT
- Face masks REQUIRED when not actively dancing.
- Maintain Social distancing when not actively dancing.
- NO FOOD/DRINKS
- Students must wait outside the door while maintaining social distancing and wearing their mask.
- One student wearing their mask, may enter the director’s office at a time.
Please Note: These guidelines are set in place for everyone’s safety, and compliance is NON-NEGOTIABLE. Penalties for not following director and/or student leadership requests may include student’s removal from rehearsals, performances, and/or department.