Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Elementary Education/Deaf Education M.Ed Early Childhood Texas Certifications: EC-6 Special Education Deaf Education ESL
Kareena Rayner-Ramos "Miss Kareena"
This is my first year at FORES. I’m excited to teach Pre-K. I have always had a passion for teaching young children.
My qualifications include more than 10 years of teaching experience, MEd in Early Childhood and BS degree in Elementary Education/Deaf Education. I am currently Texas certified in General Education (EC-6), Special Education, Deaf Education, and ESL Supplement. I recently earned a Montessori Diploma in Early Childhood (3-6yrs) from the North American Montessori Center.
My husband is retired Air Force. We’ve lived around the world with our two boys and dogs. We love to travel, camp, hike, and watch movies.
I use purposeful play to meet students where they are at and give them a passion for learning, caring, and discovery.
I look forward to an amazing year working with you to provide your child the best education.
We are lucky to have two Teaching Assistants in our room from last year. Mrs. London and Miss Olcak are amazing!
Please feel free to contact me at 830-357-4819 or email Kareena.RaynerRamos@Boerneisd.net. I’ll respond within 24 hours.
Supplies: (Do not need to be labeled)
- 1 1/2” binder (we will label with your child's name)
- 2 large bottles of white Elmer’s glue
- 1 pack of 4 glue sticks
- 1 small bottle of hand soap
- 1 package Crayola brand thick markers
- 1 Crayola paint set with paintbrush
- 1 box Crayola large size crayons
- 1 package of 9x12” standard multicolor construction paper
- 2 large boxes of standard tissues (please no scents/Vick’s/cooling, these can overwhelm little noses)
- 1 5” blunt fiskar Scissors
- 2 packages of unscented baby wipes (no flushables)
- small pack of cheap white paper plates
All students will need a change of clothes and a reusable water bottle to be kept at school, as well as a standard-size backpack to carry each day (it needs to be able to fit their binder without bending it up, snacks/lunch containers, and their occasional crafts/personal toys/bags of accident clothes).
Full-day students will need:
- either a roll-up or 1" folding nap mat, small blanket, and pillow (if they want). Sorry, we cannot allow them to have stuffed animals or toys for nap or other times of the day.
- lunch box or they can buy lunch from the cafeteria. Lunch information is at: https://www.boerneisd.net/Page/103
- 2 snacks daily. 1 snack for half-day students. Once I have the nurse’s list of allergies, I’ll let you know if we are peanut free. We cannot have students leave snacks in the class overnight.
Children who are not potty trained will need to supply a pack of diapers on/before the first day of school. We will ask for more supplies as they are needed via your child's daily binder.
The following are not required, but are always appreciated.
- Extras of any above supplies
- Sharpie permanent markers (black or silver, with standard or chisel tip)
- Acrylic or tempera paint
- Cheap 9-inch all-white paper plates for crafts
- Fun, small stickers, pom poms, pipe cleaners
- Extra recycled craft/sensory materials: standard plastic shopping bags, toilet paper/paper towel tubes, empty tissue or small shoe boxes, bubble wrap (and bubble mailers), empty Voss or mini soda bottles with lids, empty spice/ cheese bottles with shaker lids, sand paper, foam or plastic egg cartons, mini cereal boxes
An additional supply list may be sent home at mid-year if we are running low on supplies.