Safety Town: Student Program
Safety Town is designed for children who will be entering Kindergarten at Boerne ISD in the Fall. This program is taught by School Resource Officers of the Boerne Police Department. Safety Town teaches students about many various safety points but also allows them to interact with public safety officials in a positive, fun learning environment.
Some of the safety issues covered:
- Traffic Safety: Traffic light, stop signs, pedestrian rules, crosswalks, balls in the street
- Poison Safety: Meet EMS technicians, learn the dangers of poisons and medicines
- Stray Animals: Meet animal control officers, learn what to do
- Fire Safety: Meet the firemen, see a fire engine, learn about fire safety
- School Bus Safety: Learn about bus safety; learn to follow driver's instructions
For more information or to register, please visit view and download the Safety Town Brochure.