- Boerne Independent School District
School Quality Survey to Go Live Tuesday, October 22, 2019
The best educators admit they don’t have all the answers. They use the experiences and opinions of their community to build exceptional schools that empower all children to succeed.
That’s why Boerne ISD is committed to community engagement. We want to use your candid feedback to honestly evaluate our schools for what they do well and how they could improve.
Beginning October 22, we invite you to take our School Quality Survey. This survey asks for feedback about school operations and the education we provide students. Questions address educational quality, academic preparation, student support, safety and behavior, and school leadership, among other topics.
If we have your current email address on file, you’ll receive a personal invitation and survey link when the survey launches. Otherwise, you may access the survey from our website once the survey goes live, after October 22. Paper surveys will also be made available at your campus.
The survey is available in both English and Spanish. You have until November 20, to share your feedback.
Students in grades 3–12 are also invited to participate.
We’ve partnered with independent research and communications firm K12 Insight to administer the survey and compile the results. Your responses are strictly confidential. No one at Boerne ISD can connect you to your answers.
K12 Insight’s final reports will share only the overall and school-level data. Once we receive those reports, we’ll share the survey results with you.
Students need a positive, supportive learning environment to reach their highest potential. With your help, we can ensure that every Boerne ISD school fosters lifelong learning and helps every child achieve his or her goals.
Thank you for your continued commitment to Boerne ISD. Below you will find more information about the survey including a link to frequently asked questions.
About the Survey:
- It is open to students in grades 3-12, parents, guardians, and staff members
- It asks for feedback on student and academic support, safety and behavior, family involvement and engagement, school leadership, and communications
- It is open October 22 – November 20.
- It is available in English and Spanish.
- Confidentiality is guaranteed
- Independent research and communications firm K12 Insight is administering the survey and compiling all results
- Reports will only include overall findings, not individual responses
How to Participate:
- Students in grades 6-12 will take the survey during school using their student IDs, with students in grades 3-5 taking a simplified survey
- Parents will receive an email invitation with a survey link
- Employees will receive an invitation and survey link in their district email account
- K12 Insight is sending email invitations, and the district will not know who participates
- Parents can also take the online survey by clicking the survey link on our district website, school websites, or social media pages. (link will be provided after Oct 22)
- Parents can pick up a paper survey at a location TBD.
- Reminder emails will be sent to parents and staff members
- Reminder emails are automatically generated by K12 Insight’s software, and no one at the district will know who receives them