About the BMSN Library Media Center
The BMSN Library Media Center is to be a library and learning commons that supports the campus in the development of future-ready citizens by encouraging innovation, collaboration, curiosity, critical inquiry, and transliteracy. Students have access to a variety of materials including books, e-books, and digital resources. The library is also a great place to curl up and read a book! The library serves all students, sixth through eighth grade.
BMSN Library Media Center Mission Statement
The Boerne Middle School North Library Media Center will partner with teachers and staff by providing space and resources to develop enthusiastic readers, competent researchers, innovative thinkers, and collaborative learners who engage with their school and community as future-ready citizens.
In order to accomplish our mission, the BMSN Library Media Center will:
- foster a learning environment that encourages investigation, allows for independent thinking, and develops effective study habits for all ages and abilities.
- provide materials that support the curriculum, student interests, and staff
- promote the students’ enjoyment of and commitment to reading.
- expose students to materials which reflect the rich diversity of our world.
- promote awareness and use of resources available in the library, both print and electronic.
BMSN LMC Procedures
Students come to the library for lessons and to check out books accompanied by their classroom teacher or for independent visits at their teachers’ discretion. All students are welcome to visit the library with teacher permission before school beginning at 8:00AM.
Lost or damaged books must be paid for in full or material of equal value and quality may be accepted. Fines may be assessed for any materials overdue by five or more days.
Erin Griffin, Library Media Specialist
Parent Information Links
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the LMC on Twitter!