About the CES Library Media Center
The CES Library Media Center is to be a library and learning commons that supports the campus in the development of future-ready citizens by encouraging innovation, collaboration, curiosity, critical inquiry, and transliteracy. Students have access to a variety of materials including books, e-books, and digital resources. The library is also a great place to curl up and read a book! The library serves all students, PreK through 5th grade.
CES Library Media Center Mission Statement
The Library Media Center will partner with teachers and staff by providing space and resources to develop enthusiastic readers, competent researchers, innovative thinkers, and collaborative learners who engage with their school and community as future-ready citizens.
In order to accomplish our mission, the CES Library Media Center will:
- foster a learning environment that encourages investigation, allows for independent thinking, and develops effective study habits for all ages and abilities.
- provide materials that support the curriculum, student interests, and staff
- promote the students’ enjoyment of and commitment to reading.
- expose students to materials which reflect the rich diversity of our world.
- promote awareness and use of resources available in the library, both print and electronic.
Leanne Boddie, Library Media Specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the LMC on Twitter!