About the BMSS Library Media Center
The BMSS Library Media Center is to be a library and learning commons that supports the campus in the development of future-ready citizens by encouraging innovation, collaboration, curiosity, critical inquiry, and transliteracy. Students have access to a variety of materials including books, e-books, and digital resources. The library is also a great place to curl up and read a book! The library serves all students, sixth through eighth grade.
BMSS Library Media Center Mission Statement:
The mission of BMSS Library Media Center is to inform, enrich, and empower every student by supporting and enhancing teaching, learning and research. BMSS Library Media Center incorporates curriculum, technology and an educated staff to provide an environment where lifelong learning habits and love of reading are encouraged and where students are enabled to retrieve, evaluate and utilize information.
To accomplish our mission, BMSS Library Media Center will:
- Provide services that foster student success and enrich student learning;
- Collaborate with faculty to develop critical thinking and information literacy skills that empower students to effectively find, use and evaluate information;
- Provide reference and instructional services that enable students and faculty to effectively access and use information and technology;
- Provide timely, accurate and individualized services and resources to help students and faculty meet academic goals.
BMSS Library Media Center Procedures:
Students come to the library for lessons and to check out books accompanied by their classroom teacher or for independent visits at their teachers’ discretion. All students are welcome to visit the library before school beginning at 8:00AM. Students are welcome in the library before school to: checkout books, work on homework, visit the "Maker" area, play with the giant Jenga set or the giant Connect Four, read, or hang out.
- Students can check out 3 books at a time.
- Library books are due every 3 weeks!
- Students can check out 1 playaway at a time.
Lost or damaged books must be paid for in full or material of equal value and quality may be accepted. Fines may be assessed for any materials overdue by five or more days.
DUE DATES are CLOSER than they appear!!
Debbie Fitzpatrick, Library Media Specialist
Parent Information Links
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the LMC on Twitter!