Our Mission is to produce a physically educated and healthy person by:
- Engaging students in movement and activity experiences to develop knowledge and skills which form the foundation for lifelong fitness.
- Inspiring students to become lifelong learners of health and wellness.
- Enriching lives with experiences promoting healthy decision making, appropriate social skills and lifelong fitness.
The physical and health education curriculum is based on the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills). You can read more about the TEKS by visiting TEA's website using the links on the right.
Off Campus PE
The Off-Campus Physical Education (OCPE) Program is designed for students who are involved in private or commercially-sponsored physical activity programs that lead to Olympic-level or equivalent high-caliber participation and/or competition. The OCPE Program is a cooperative arrangement between Boerne ISD, an approved off-campus Agency, and the student. Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to receive substitution credit for Physical Education graduation requirements by utilizing off-campus, commercially-sponsored physical activities as defined by Texas Administrative Code.
The OCPE Program activities are approved by the local school board and by the Texas Education Agency. The selected activities are not offered comprehensively through the physical education or athletic departments. Category I OCPE requires at least 15 hours/week and Category II OCPE requires a minimum of 5 hours/week.
- High school students may participate in either Category I or Category II OPCE programs.
- Middle school students may participate only in Category I OCPE programs.
- A student cannot be enrolled in the OCPE Program and P.E. or Athletics (or any other P.E. substitution) in the same semester.
Please see the information packet on the right for more information on the OCPE program and participation requirements.
Please Note: The OCPE Student Application must have all 4 signatures. You may scan and email the OCPE Student Application and Release of Liability/Permission to Participate, pages 9-10, to the student's counselor by the last Friday in August. Also, the Agency Cooperative Agreement and supporting documents are due by June 1, and the revised list is to be posted by June 7. OCPE Agency Coordinators, contact Stan Leech at the District Athletic office for more information: stan.leech@boerne isd.net