Coordinator of Fine Arts
Mr. Ken Peach is the Coordinator of Fine Arts for the Boerne Independent School District. He is responsible for the coordination, development, and improvement of the district’s fine arts program and district personnel in K-12 fine arts programming. The position of Coordinator of Fine Arts encompasses areas of administration, budget, personnel and curriculum.
EXPERIENCE - Before coming to Boerne ISD, Mr. Peach was the Director of Fine Arts in Victoria ISD (5A Region 14), Victoria Texas from 2013 to 2018 and Cedar Hill ISD (5A, Region 20), Cedar Hill ISD, Texas from 2008 to 2013. Prior to working as an administrator, Mr. Peach taught in music education (band) in the Texas public schools and college from 1992-2008 (Arlington ISD Hutcheson Junior HS & Lamar High School, DeSoto ISD DeSoto High School, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Mansfield ISD Mansfield High School, Cedar Hill ISD Cedar Hill High School).
He accredits much of his professional success to the great teachers, administrators, mentors and community members he has been honored to work aside.
- UIL sweepstakes, marching band awards, concert band awards, jazz band awards while teaching as a 5A Band Director in Texas.
- Honored twice in the “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers”.
- Presenter for the Texas Christian University and Texas A&M-University Director Summer Workshops.
- Served on the state level as Vice President of the International Association of Jazz Educators for two terms (4 years).
- Texas Music Educators Association All-State Jazz Band organizer for 4 years.
- Created and developed the (5 years) the Fine Arts Night in the Morton H. Meyerson for Cedar Hill ISD – featuring all the fine arts programs (Music, Art, Dance, Theatre k-12) in the district.
- VISD District Musicals
- Conductor - Jazz Bands for the Texas Lone Star Ambassadors of Music Concert Tours. This is an International European Concert Tour that travels to seven countries in 16 days during the summer months (since 1996-2012).
- Music Director for the Crossroads Community Band and Crossroads Community Jazz Ensemble / Adjunct Music Professor for Victoria College
- You will also find Mr. Peach working as a guest clinician, adjudicator, and freelance trumpet player.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Master of Secondary Education, The University of North Texas, Denton, Texas 1999
Bachelor of Music Education with All-Level Certification, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas 1990
Son of an AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) family, he grew up in public schools on military bases in England and Germany, finishing his last two years stateside at DeSoto High School, Texas. He is joined by his wife Christine, son Matthew and daughter Makayla.