Superintendent Welcome Letter!
Boerne ISD values and appreciates our substitutes! Thank you for joining our team to support teachers and students in our BISD classrooms. YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER IN BOERNE ISD
- Application *All records submitted, uploaded, and complete.
- Fingerprinting *State Law pre-requisite for employment
- New Substitute Onboarding *Typically offered in August, October, and January.
SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS
- You must fill out the application completely.
- Please upload all certification documents, transcripts, and references.
- Substitute employment may not begin without 100% completion.
*Transcripts are mandatory for all applicants. Applications without transcripts will not be considered.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION *
*Invitations with scheduled times will be sent via email for all Substitute Onboarding sessions. Our next training session will be held in the AM only October 29. Our final, spring training session will be held in the AM only January 28. Thank you.
The Substitute Onboarding format will be as follows:
Note: Please allow 4-4.5 hours for the A.M. or P.M. Onboarding* session. *Attendance required
- Welcome from Director of Human Resources
- Q & A Panel From APs and Principal Secretaries
- ALICE Safety Training
- Classroom Technology: Lisa McLaughlin
- Onboarding HR Station Rotations
- Technology Training: HR/Technology/Teaching & Learning
SUBSTITUTE PAY SCALE
- $ 95 per day - Degreed or Non-Degreed
- $110 per day - Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or out-of-state certification; active or retired)
- $110 per day - Certified Long-Term* Substitute pay beginning day one through day ten for the same or different certified teachers
- $160 per day - Certified Long-Term* Substitute pay beginning school day 11 or more consecutive school days for the same certified teacher
- $160 per day Long-Term rate applies only to Substitutes who hold a valid, Texas certfication (out-of-state certifications do not qualify one for the $160 per day Long-Term pay rate)
- $110 per day - Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment
*A long-term substitute position is one lasting 11 or more consecutive school days for the same certified teacher
WHO TO CONTACT
Savannah Serna - HR Specialist Paraprofessionals/Substitutes