Superintendent Welcome Letter!
Boerne ISD values and appreciates our substitutes! Thank you for joining our team to support teachers and students in our BISD classrooms.
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER IN BOERNE ISD
- Application *All records submitted, uploaded, and complete
- Fingerprinting *State Law-pre-requisite for employment
- New Substitute Orientation/Training *Typically offered in August, October, and January
SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS
- You must fill out the application completely.
- Please upload all certification documents, transcripts, and references.
- Substitute employment may not begin without 100% completion
*Transcripts are mandatory for all applicants. Applications without transcripts will not be considered.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION *
*Invitations with scheduled times will be sent via email for either an AM or PM session on 8/25 or 8/27 by Friday, August 21. Due to COVID Social Distancing, you may only come at your scheduled session. Our next training session will be held October 29. Our final, spring training session will be held January 28. Thank you.
The Onboarding/Training session format will be as follows:
Note: Please allow 4-4.5 hours for the A.M. or P.M. training session. *Attendance required for either a.m. or p.m. sessions as assigned through prior notification
- Welcome from Director of Human Resources
- Q & A Panel From APs and Principal Secretaries
- ALICE Safety Training
- Classroom Technology: Lisa McLaughlin
- Onboarding HR Station Rotations
- Substitute Software Training: HR/Technology/Teaching & Learning
SUBSTITUTE PAY SCALE
- $ 95 per day - Degreed or Non-Degreed
- $110 per day - Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or another state, active or retired)
- $110 per day - Certified Long-Term* Substitute school days one through ten
- $160 per day - Certified Long-Term* Substitute pay beginning school day 11 of long-term assignment
- $110 per day - Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment
*A long-term substitute position is one lasting 30-school days or more
WHO TO CONTACT
Savannah Serna - HR Specialist Paraprofessionals/Substitutes