REQUIREMENTS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER IN BOERNE ISD
- Fingerprinting (State Law makes this a pre-requisite of employment)
- Half day classroom observation
SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS
Note: You must fill out the application completely.
- Please upload all certification documents, transcripts, and references.
*Transcripts are mandatory for all applicants. Applications without transcripts will not be considered.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
The Orientation/training session format will be as follows:
Note: Please allow 3-4 hours for the training session.
- Check–In Registration
- Absence Management Training by Carol Anthony, Personnel Specialist
- Training on classroom instruction and management by Ms. Max Stumberg, District Mentor
- Technology Training by Lisa McLaughlin
Note: Upon completion of orientation training, all non-certified applicants must complete one half-day of classroom observation prior to substituting.
SUBSTITUTE PAY SCALE
- $70 per day - High School Diploma or its equivalent, Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 per day - Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or another state, active or retired).
- $90 per day - Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- If you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom, your assignment rate is $70 per day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150 per day.
- A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30-school days or more as counted.