What is a P-TECH?
Boerne ISD's Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) is an innovative, open-enrollment high school focusing on cyber security. This program of study allows students an opportunity to receive both a high school diploma and a credential and/or an associate degree. The hallmark of the P-TECH model is its career focus and the provision of work-based education.
- Provide students grades 9 through 12 the opportunity to complete a course of study that combines high school and post-secondary courses.
- Enable students to earn a high school diploma, along with an associate degree, Level 1 certificate or industry-based certification.
- Offer age-appropriate work-based learning opportunities at every grade level.
- Allow students to gain work experience through an internship, apprenticeship, or other job training program.
- Align to regional workforce needs, guiding students into high-demand, high-wage careers.
- Partner with local colleges and regional businesses and industries, giving students access to post-secondary education and workforce training opportunities.
As part of the Career and Technical Education department, the Boerne ISD P-TECH Academy collaboratively engages students, parents, and industry partners to create a learning environment conducive to developing problem-solvers, global leaders and collaborative team players. Through this program, students will explore and master skills required for high school completion in combination with earning college credits, industry certifications and work-based experience. Upon completing this program of study, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the Cyber Security work force and/or continue their studies at a four-year higher learning institution.
We will unify and educate students, parents, staff, school leadership and our greater community to strategically utilize resources and create opportunities to prepare students for in-demand, high-skill, high-wage careers.